Impossible to load type CMS.OnSaveNicEditor

Impossible to load CMS.NicEditor

Help

Thanks

John

Coordinator
Oct 2, 2009 at 11:56 AM

Hi John,

Did you download SmallCMS.0.4.CodePlex.rar ?

Did you try to upgrade from a previous version ?

There is no NicEditor stuff in the current version, you should not get these errors.

Please let me know if the problem persists.

Arjan

Oct 5, 2009 at 8:14 AM
Hi

Thanks again for the mail, but i did downloaded from there and got:

C:\smallcms-31091\SmallCMS.CodePlex
C:\smallcms-31091\SmallCMS.beta04

When i open them in Visual Studio and try to compile, i have still :
Erreur    1    Impossible de charger le type 'CMS.NicEditor'.    C:\smallcms-31091\SmallCMS.CodePlex\CMS\NicEditor.ascx    1   
Erreur    2    Impossible de charger le type 'Website.Templates.Article'.    C:\smallcms-31091\SmallCMS.CodePlex\Article.aspx    1   
Erreur    3    Impossible de charger le type 'CMS.NicEditor'.    C:\smallcms-31091\SmallCMS.CodePlex\CMS\NicEditor.ascx    1   
Erreur    4    Balise server inconnue 'cms:NicEditor'.    C:\smallcms-31091\SmallCMS.CodePlex\Article.aspx    7   
Erreur    5    'SmallCMS.Register' n'est pas autorisé ici, car il n'étend pas la classe 'System.Web.UI.Page'.    C:\smallcms-31091\SmallCMS.CodePlex\Register.aspx    1   
Erreur    6    Impossible de charger le type 'CMS.OnSaveNicEditor'.    C:\smallcms-31091\SmallCMS.CodePlex\CMS\OnSaveNicEditor.aspx    1   

Thanks
Jonathan Weizman

2009/10/3 arjanpot <notifications@codeplex.com>

It is recommended to download from the Source Code tab: http://smallcms.codeplex.com/SourceControl/ListDownloadableCommits.aspx

(hope this helps)

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (SmallCMS@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email SmallCMS@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com

Coordinator
Oct 5, 2009 at 10:49 AM

The project "SmallCMS.beta04" should not be included in the download, my mistake, I will fix that later today.

You are trying to open the project as a WebSite, which is not possible. This is a WebApplication project. You should go to the menu File -> Open -> Project/Solution and then select Website.csproj. 

Coordinator
Oct 5, 2009 at 7:29 PM

The duplicate "SmallCMS.beta04" is now removed from the download and from the Source Code. I am sorry for the inconvenience, I should stick to TFS instead of using SVN...

Still you need to open it as a WebApplication.

Oct 7, 2009 at 10:03 AM
Edited Oct 7, 2009 at 11:12 AM

Firstble, thank you for this CMS, trully small, simple, good and fast!
I'm not  a C# programmer but can't we just upload all needed files to hosting and configure the project in some another way....just asking. Because i just uploaded to hosting and that's it...site working but i get sometimes a few errors, "Add new" function not working and authorization module works incorrectly.... ok, again, i'm not a programmer, just wondering :)

Another issue...sorri but i did't get it, do i must install a paid/full version of Visual Studio 2008 in order to open the project, compile and deploy or whatever? :))))
I just installed Microsoft Visual C# Expess Edition 2008 and when i tried to open the project i got error message that type of project not supported by this copy/version of programm.

Any idea, what can be the problem? Thanks!

Coordinator
Oct 7, 2009 at 11:15 AM
Edited Oct 7, 2009 at 11:15 AM

I am not sure about all the different editions of Visual Studio, but I think you need the Visual Web Developer 2008 Express Edtion: http://www.microsoft.com/express/vwd/

Since SmallCMS is still a beta product, there is no installer to get it to a hosting environment. I will keep this in mind for the next release. Please send me detailed error messages and I'll see what I can do to help you.

Oct 8, 2009 at 4:20 PM

Thanks, it's Visual Web Developer 2008 Express Edtion what helped me, everything seems works good, but what if someone wants to add custom fonts to Editor, how can we do that?

BTW, Register function not working and when you want to exit from "Navigation" black window without navigate to any of content link, you can't close this black window. Can you add "Close" or "Cancel" button or something like that? So in "Add new" black window we have to add "Cancel" or "Delete" button in case if user changed his mind and don't want to create new page anymore. By now user must save the new page and then delete by "delete" link, not so usefull....

Coordinator
Oct 8, 2009 at 6:17 PM

You can press the "Navigation" button once more, that will close the window. I admit that some extra buttons would be nice, but you will have to wait for a next release, most likely after the Visual Studio 2010 lanch, by the end of 2009.